26 Sep What to See & Do in Kruger Park
If you’re planning a trip to South Africa, you can’t miss out on visiting Kruger Park. As one of the largest game reserves in Africa and one of the most popular national parks in the world, it is truly a spectacular place to go. Plan your visit before you get there so that you can make the most out of your experience. If you need help getting to Kruger Park we can arrange transport for you at Rhino Shuttles.
Spanning an area of 19,633 square kilometres (or 7,580 square miles), the Park is home to many of the world’s most beautiful natural wonders. Be sure to always look around yourself, you never know what you might see!
Things to see
- The Big Five: Home to the lion, elephant, Cape buffalo, leopard and white/black rhinoceros, the Park has more species of large mammals than any other African Game Reserve, totalling 147 species.
- Luscious trees: Plant life form thrives with over 2000 species of plant and 336 different species of tree. Experience the seasons with the Park’s subtropical climate, and breathe the fresh African air surrounded by all manner of plants.
- Taking flight: Don’t forget to look up when you are at the Park! With 507 different bird species the Park has no shortage of feathered friends, big or small.
- Dive in: The Park houses 114 species of reptile, 33 species of amphibian and 50 fish species. From the smaller fresh water fish, right up to the enormous crocodiles, there are so many animals to see for reptile and fish enthusiasts. Just don’t get too close to the water!
Things to do
You won’t be able to just spend one day in the Park. With so many beautiful things to see and truly fantastic things to do, you’ll never want to leave!
- Safari trip: With a wide variety of trips on offer, Kruger Park has something for all ages and to satisfy all preferences. Choose from their Classic, Guided, Family, Tented, Premier, Honeymoon, Speciality, and Self-Drive Safari options. Each category has various packages spanning from 3 days up to a week. If there is a specific part of the safari you want to experience, or any training check out the Specialist Safari packages.
- Relax in a private lodge: A visit to Kruger Park is even more special when you book a private lodge. From romantic lodges, to lodges with a panoramic view of the park, or ones best for families, you’ll find the most beautiful place for you.
- Find love amongst nature: Fancy getting married or spending your honeymoon with one of the most beautiful backdrops in the world? The Park offers wedding and honeymoon packages to make your special day truly unforgettable.
- Ranger walks: To really get stuck into nature and the habitats, explore by foot rather than jeep. Join with one of the Park’s armed rangers for an early morning walk in the bush.
- Game drives: Daily early morning and late night game drives will take you across the camps giving you a better look at some of the animals in their natural sleeping/waking patterns.
- Refreshments: The 24 rest camps have well stocked shops where food, drinks, and other necessities, as well as any gifts from your trip, can be purchased.
Get in touch with us if you need to arrange transport to get to Kruger Park, through our website or telephone number. Don’t miss out on a truly unforgettable and life-changing experience.